Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Writing

"My characters just aren't speaking to me."

I have used this excuse for several years. Putting off writing as if it were some kind of chore, like cleaning the litterbox or scrubbing the toilet. Other excuses have been, "I don't have time," or "I'm too tired," or "I have no inspiration." My schedule is hectic, with disasters or emergencies popping up all over the place. Also, the fact that I'm single and have been for too many years to count, with only a few dates and no calls back after them, is a bit depressing. Albeit, these excuses are all true, they were still excuses.

The truth of the matter is, my characters are speaking to me. A better way to put it would be screaming at me. With sooooo many ideas, soooo many different characters, I have pushed them all back and ignored them. Also, the one that wants to be written the most of course is the one that is the most emotionally draining and scary.

A new year has dawned, though. I am eager and enthusiastic for a new start, hoping that this year will be better than the last few. I intend to start on one of my stories, and hope that it in turn will help me write the one that most wants to be written.

2 comments:

  1. What's with the weird fort?


    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. weird fort? u mean font? dunno, i think i set it as courier...who knows? i'm just starting out at this, geez, can't a girl make some mistakes? haha

    ReplyDelete